The Ad Council provides strategic media planning services for 40+ national public service communications campaigns and serves as liaison to the 20+ media agency teams that provide pro-bono media planning, analytical expertise and activation across a variety of campaigns.
The Media Strategist will be responsible for day-to-day management of relationships with pro-bono media agencies for 10+ assigned campaigns and will internally collaborate with various departments to provide media planning services and counsel, from upfront strategic recommendations through execution.
- Day-to-day media planning lead for designated list of approximately 12 public service communications campaigns.
- Lead media planning function while working closely with many stakeholders including external pro-bono media agency partners, and internal employees from Strategy & Evaluation, Campaign Development, Public Relations and Social Media to create and update customized media outreach plan and tactics.
- Run and interpret syndicated and secondary media research to create media target profiles and recommendations.
- Work with campaign planners to weave media insights into other consumer insights to create a concise, integrated campaign strategy.
- Act as liaison to and manage ongoing interactions and deliverables with media agency partners.
- Use target insights to strategize partnership opportunities among media and tech companies.
- Analyze prior donated media secured and campaign results to inform recommended plans/strategy.
- Help identify media outreach best practices that lead to better results, in order to foster more effective outreach activities.
- Present innovative case studies and ideas for more effective media planning and outreach.
- Work with other team members to gauge how media planning activities are translating into tangible outcomes that benefit campaigns.
- Strong grasp of media and marketing trends, especially the convergence of traditional media with digital, video, mobile and social media.
- Working knowledge of how digital advertising is planned and purchased, including display, paid social, and paid search. Familiarity with trends in programmatic digital purchasing is a major plus.
- Passion for the media business and an insatiable curiosity for innovation.
- Proven ability to manage projects from start to finish; strong organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Adept at managing multiple, competing priorities, duties and/or projects. Strong work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Successful leadership experience and demonstration of ability to work well across an organizational matrix; confident, diplomatic, and collaborative style.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a relevant field.
- 2+ years of relevant offline/online media planning, ad sales development, marketing experience.
- Clear understanding of the media planning process in contemporary marketing campaigns.
- Familiar with syndicated media research sources, including GfK MRI or Simmons, ComScore, Nielsen.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Prior experience with media mix modelling a plus.
- Multicultural media and/or millennial audience experience a plus.
- Prior experience with social causes and/or corporate social responsibility a plus.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to http://www.adcouncil.org/Working-With-Us/Careers
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
Fax (212) 922-1676 or US Mail to the Advertising Council, Attn: Human Resources, 815 2nd Avenue; 9th Floor, New York, NY 10017.