Associate Director of Audience Development
What we can offer you?
The Associate Director of Audience Development for The Daily Beast is responsible for developing and implementing data-‐driven traffic audience segmented growth strategies for all touchpoints, with a particular focus on social, SEO, and partnerships. The Director will partner closely with the Social, Data Science, and Analytics teams and be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships and partnerships with users via audience segment understanding, on-‐platform optimization of organic growth platforms (e.g. email, newsletter) and successfully partner with platform companies such as Facebook, Twitter, Google and traffic analytics companies.
What you’d get to do:
- Understand audience segmentation in detail and outlining user behavior and profiles that will lead to overall audience development strategy
- Manage day-‐to-‐day email marketing activities including creative development, operational setup, test execution, and monitoring of results
- Analyze newsletter subscriber engagement and devise/execute strategies for long-‐term subscriber retention and re-‐engagement
- Form and manage distribution partnerships across platforms
- Work with editorial staff on SEO growth and other content optimization strategies
- Constantly explore potential vendors to help us grow our most loyal segments
- Work with analytics and data science to create tracking and reporting documents for email growth, social growth and more
- Strategize and vet new platforms to grow loyal audiences like chat services, etc
- Work with product team on testing new conversion products (email sign-‐up, audience segmentation, social sign-‐ up, etc)
- Develop and execute promotional campaigns for major enterprise stories
- Work with and cultivate relationships with influencers by topic
- Manage Google News relationship and curate Webmaster tools to make sure we are always in good stnading
- Work with Editorial to help with content production and ideation, referral traffic, and trends
- Conduct staff training digital trends, headline optimization, SEO optimization, etc.
- Work with social team to determine best practices and strategies in crafting social headlines, platforms, and overall tactics
- Email marketing strategy, optimization, and execution with a focus on increasing revenue per subscriber
- Using analytics and data to inform and improve decision making. Using external/internal data platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, etc.) to analyze data and determine long term strategy
- Collaborate with Sales and Brand Strategy, Product and Technology, Analytics, and Finance
What you bring us:
- Provide visionary leadership rooted in strategy, analysis & data, creativity, with a bias towards urgency and perfect execution.
- Proven track record in analyzing complex data sets and making recommendations rooted in solid rationale and data
- Successful candidate will have demonstrable success creating and optimizing differentiated social campaigns
- Track record with social-‐ and content marketing
- A solid understand of Google Analytics and an ability to pull create and explain reports
- Knowledge of Facebook pixel and user acquisition
- Must demonstrate ability to collaborate effectively across multiple departments to get things done
- Strong communicator in person, over the phone, and via email
- Minimum 3+ years leading audience development and implementation/optimization
More about Us
Why The Daily Beast? We reach over 26.5MM of the most affluent and influential readers on the web, the majority of whom are millennials. We have the aesthetic, quality and editorial chops of a traditional media company with the nimble, tech-‐savvy required to be a digital only publisher. We are the best in the business at content partnerships, and we prove it through home grown proprietary content tools that allow us to both predict what our partners should write about, but also measure the success of their content. This is a rare opportunity to work for a well-‐known, well respected digital brand that helps drive the national conversation from politics to fashion, or breaking news to culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.