Global Managing Director of Marketing Technology
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact for people and nature around the world in more than 60 countries, all 50 United States, major US cities and in your neighborhood. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce.
The Nature Conservancy's Shared Conservation Agenda is anchored in developing and scaling solutions to global conservation challenges in a rapidly changing world. We envision a world where the diversity of life thrives, and people act to conserve nature for its own sake and its ability to fulfill our needs and enrich our lives. With the Shared Conservation Agenda, TNC aims to tackle the biggest challenges facing both people and nature leveraging its non-confrontational, solution-oriented style alongside a strong reputation as a trusted nonpartisan voice with a 60-year history of producing tangible conservation results. Our ability to build partnerships by finding common ground and focusing on action that generates mutually beneficial results is more relevant now than ever. Marketing and communications serve critical roles in helping to advance our conservation mission.
We seek a Global Director of Marketing Technology who will provide strategic vision and overall program leadership for the creation and implementation of a digital transformation with the objectives of both deepening engagement of supporters and driving revenue. This position reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and works in concert with the Technology and Information Systems Department’s Executive Leadership Team. This position has the opportunity to help shape the digital future of our organization as we are gearing up for a CMS replacement and an audit of current marketing systems.
Visit http://www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
The Global Director of Marketing Technology creates, plans the strategic vision for end-to-end digital technology and systems supporting global marketing initiatives, including web content management, multi-channel marketing, digital fundraising, and marketing data management. S/he has a solid grasp of marketing concepts and can display the insight and know how to apply technology to build awareness, increase engagement, influence conservation action, and achieve revenue goals. S/he provides and communicates oversight to TNC’s overall marketing technology strategies, manages departmental budgets, and assures overall marketing/communications organizational goals are achieved. S/he leads strategic dialogues with executive and senior level stakeholders to determine program direction. S/he sets standards for the function, leads priority vendor relationships and makes recommendations to optimize resources throughout the Conservancy.
We seek an energetic, creative, and forward-thinking professional with high-performance standards. The ideal candidate will possess outstanding leadership and visionary qualities. With superlative interpersonal, communication, and diplomacy skills, s/he will be able to deal effectively with all levels of management and staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Develops, plans, and monitors the strategic vision for digital technology supporting critical marketing initiatives globally.
- Drives innovation and introduces best-in-class digital solutions by staying up to date on latest innovations and industry shifts.
- Generates long-term vision for technology planning, development, and implementation across the Global Marketing Division.
- Designs and implements the future team structure to align with long term technology goals within budget parameters.
- Leads the program for selection and replacement of the organizationâ€™s current Content Management System.
- Conceives and sponsors high-level and interdepartmental projects and new long-term programs/initiatives that will ensure organization-wide goals are achieved, setting goals, allocating staff and budget, and ensuring program accountability.
- Collaborates with executive and senior-level stakeholders in order to enhance overall performance in accordance with short and long term objectives.
- Broad management responsibility for a diverse group of administrative, professional, and management staff.
- Financial management of department; setting budget and achieving revenue objectives, analyzing results, and taking corrective actions.
- Decisions commit significant resources which have broad overall organization impact and affects public image.
- Exercises leadership in strategic and tactical aspects and works with fellow leaders to formulate, establish, and evaluate policies and/or long-term programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and minimum 10 years related work experience (including working with transactional or e-commerce platforms and content management systems) or an equivalent combination.
- At least 7 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience leading and managing a large multi-disciplinary team and developing and fostering staff growth.
- Experience developing marketing, initiatives, plans and programs.
- Experience in program management, including broad financial responsibility and measuring results of strategic plans and programs.
- Expertise in working with/applying systems technology/project management best practices.
- Proven track record of success in leading marketing technology initiatives.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Master's degree.
- Expert knowledge of current and evolving trends in relevant technologies.
- Experience working for a for-profit company and non-profit organization.
- Experience managing a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience developing, implementing and evaluating multifaceted strategic marketing or publishing plans and programs.
- Proven success in building and maintaining long-term marketing technology solutions
- Excellent communications, public speaking, presentation, mediation and negotiation skills
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply to position number 45195, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on March 12, 2017.
- Click submit to apply for the position or save for later to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.