The Assistant Campaign Manager is an integral part of the Ad Council's team responsible for creating, implementing and evaluating communications campaigns for more than 40 social good issues each year.
Whether you're working with top ad agencies to develop award-winning ad campaigns around our causes, helping to set the strategy for your campaigns' social and digital programs, or partnering with one of our board member companies on their CSR initiative, your job as an Assistant Campaign Manager is to help support the campaign team and keep all of the moving pieces running smoothly in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate is a stellar project manager with strong oral and written communication skills, has an appetite to learn about the latest trends in advertising and marketing, and is passionate about social change.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist campaign team in the strategic and creative development, production and evaluation for 3-5 fully-integrated campaigns, including:
- Keep internal team updated on campaign development and key milestones
- Coordinate administrative activities and communications around campaign development, including timelines, call reports, contact sheets, meeting preparation, etc.
- Manage development of media marketing and promotional materials for campaigns
- Facilitate workflow between clients and ad agencies by coordinating campaign materials and securing all necessary approvals
- Maintain accurate up-to-date campaign budgets, financial records, vendor SOWs, MSAs and contract reporting
- Analyze and report on campaign performance, including donated and earned media, website and social media analytics
- Manage your campaigns' social media and digital programs, including community management, moderation and editorial calendars
- Assist with the development of Multimedia News Releases, social press kits, review talking points and press materials.
- Conduct research and vetting for potential partners and influencers
- Support campaign team by fostering strong internal and external relationships
- Regularly draft and contribute Adlibbing articles on social trends
- Submit campaign announcements to weekly round-up and Ad Council publications and social teams
- Conduct competitive review, partner/influencer research, trend analyses and other relevant campaign/issue research as needed
- Maintain campaign assets, inventory and vendor information to ensure all elements are current, updated and available in our databases
- Bachelor's degree and 1 year applicable work experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Social media and digitally savvy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple responsibilities; a team player who works well with others
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Strong computer skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
ABOUT THE AD COUNCIL
The Ad Council campaigns raise awareness, inspire action and save lives, and we want you to join our team! The Ad Council is the New York-based non-profit organization behind iconic social good communications programs as mentioned above.
We work hand in hand with the leading non-profit and government agencies, such as Feeding America, Autism Speaks and FEMA, to develop over 40 campaigns each year including Bullying Prevention, Child Hunger, Underage Drinking and Driving Prevention, Recycling, and more, using all of the tools in the communications arsenal including developing PSAs, websites, apps and games, social media, media outreach, grassroots marketing and events.
We also work with our incredible Board of Directors companies like Facebook, Google/YouTube, Pandora, Razorfish and Upworthy and Fullscreen to ensure we have the latest tactics, tools and platforms to create effective social good impact.
Having produced campaigns addressing the most pressing social issues of the day, the Ad Council has effected, and continues to effect, positive social change. To learn more about the Ad Council and our impactful campaigns, visit www.adcouncil.org, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or view our PSAs on YouTube.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements with your profile
If you are viewing this job on a third party website, the following link
Apply Now ! will direct you to our company career page.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
Fax (212) 922-1676 or US Mail to the Advertising Council, Attn: Human Resources, 815 2nd Avenue; 9thFloor, New York, NY 10017.