Recognized as the #1 technology property in the world by comScore, IDG provides a fast-paced environment built on innovation, hard work and fun. IDG is seeking an ambitious, talented, experienced and technology savvy Programmatic Account Director to join its sales team in New York City and will be responsible for working with top agencies and trading desks to maximize revenues and market share.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the programmatic space and will have the ability to find opportunities and confidently present to clients, offering highly focused and customized programmatic solutions that drive tangible results.
You can expect a stable yet fast-paced work environment along with an office culture that rewards, recognizes, and respects achievement. We offer competitive salaries, an outstanding benefits package and an atmosphere dedicated to advancing our passion in providing cutting-edge advertising & marketing solutions for our clients.
As the Programmatic Account Director, you'll grow the programmatic spend of our customers via their media agencies. You'll deliver high-quality business proposals and proactively develop new business in order to achieve quarterly targets. The successful applicant will be expected to work extremely closely with Advertising Operations and Sales.
The Programmatic Account Director's role and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify, develop and close sales opportunities with agencies, trading desks, and other programmatic demand partners, such as independent trading desks, DSPs etc.
- Confidently present IDG's PMP portfolio for B2B and B2C opportunities
- Act as an evangelist and advocate of IDG's programmatic and data strategy in market
- Work closely with the Global Head of Programmatic as a representative of the Global Programmatic team to carry out best practices for pre-& post sale activity
- Strong understanding of market trends, key players and ideas on how to best effect revenue generation in market
- Working across display, video and mobile inventory including nonstandard formats
- The ability to convert proposed sales into closed business
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with exceptional customer service and time management skills
- Ability to understand complex business marketing issues and how to leverage the IDG programmatic portfolio to achieve the client's objectives
- Collaborating with IDG's sales counterparts to ensure clients receive a world-class experience
- Any other reasonable duties as requested
- Ideally, 5+ years of online advertising experience, either for a Trading desk, agency, ad network, or branded publisher with a deep understanding of online media and programmatic market trends
- Minimum 2-3 years of programmatic experience
- Have a detailed understanding of online advertising dynamics, campaign planning & buying, technologies, and pricing models
- Strong presentation, writing, critical thinking, and negotiation skills
- Self-starter with good organization and time management skills; able to work at fast pace, to achieve targets & business goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work across IDG worldwide and within IDG US
- BA/BS level degree or equivalent
Please upload a formatted version of your resume and cover letter during the application process.