Position: Digital Product Management Internship
Location: New York City - 10017
Start Date: May 28, 2019
End Date: August 2, 2019
THIS IS A PAID INTERNSHIP
Support the digital product management team's work in:
- Maintaining campaign websites.
- Updating the Ad Council's website, AdCouncil.org, using a Content Management System.
- Auditing campaign sites for Search Engine Optimization and Accessibility best practices.
- Monitoring and reporting analytics for AdCouncil.org and the Ad Council's blog AdLibbing.org.
- Research and write engaging content for AdLibbing.org.
- Participating in a product management team and select campaign team meetings.
- Assisting with other projects as needed.
- Collaborate with Ad Council interns to identify the next pressing social issue to become an Ad Council campaign. The intern team will work through the end of the summer program to research, develop and present a campaign proposal to the Ad Council staff.
- Undergraduate-level student with a concentration in communications, graphic design, web design or development, marketing, or a related field
- Passion for digital tools, innovation, measurement
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent PC skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Commitment to social good
- Familiarity with UX/UI, product or project management, QA testing, AB testing
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
Please submit a resume and PDF that answers the following questions :
- What is your favorite digital product (i.e. site, app, game)? What makes it great? How would you improve it?
- Name a cause or social issue you're passionate about. How could a digital product help to support that cause?
- Why the Ad Council? Why the digital product management department?
About the Ad Council:
The Ad Council is where creativity and causes converge at scale. We are a New York-based national non-profit organization, bringing together the brightest minds in the marketing, media, advertising and tech industries to create changed around the most critical social issues facing our country. The Ad Council initiates, produces and activates communications campaigns that drive awareness and behavior change, creating a lasting impact on American life. We produce content that ignites new ideas, increases the health, education, and safety of our nation, and literally saves lives.
We are behind the iconic social good communications programs featuring Smokey Bear, "Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk" and the viral campaign "Love Has No Labels" that celebrates diversity and promotes inclusion. We work hand in hand with the leading non-profit organizations, government agencies, corporate brands and media companies to develop over 40 national social good campaigns each year including Suicide Prevention, Gun Safety, Bullying Prevention, STEM for Girls, Pet Adoption and Texting and Driving Prevention.
The Ad Council team uses all the tools in communications arsenal including developing PSAs and social media content, engaging talent, gaming, conducting media relations and grassroots marketing, and creating chat bots, digital and live events to raise awareness around social causes. We also have the opportunity to work with our Board of Director companies such as Amazon, Facebook, Google/YouTube, Vice and R/GA to leverage the latest tactics, tools and platforms that will have the most significant social impact.
At the Ad Council, we value and celebrate the unique characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. Diversity is the foundation of our work and allows us to reimagine how we reach our audiences. It is not simply our belief, but our duty, to cultivate a team that is representative of the American people. Only then can we drive true, measurable, and life-changing impact on the most important issues facing out country today.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital statue, age, national origin, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected status.
To apply online: https://www.adcouncil.org/Working-With-Us/Join-Us
The Ad Council invites all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
Fax (212) 922-1676 or
US Mail to the Advertising Council
Attn: Human Resources
815 2nd Avenue; 9th Floor
New York, NY 10017