Brand Manager, Diversity Initiatives
Rodan + Fields is seeking a Brand Manager to oversee Rodan + Fields diversity initiatives across its skincare franchises. This person will drive awareness and marketing of the Rodan + Fields products among diverse and multicultural audiences, working at the strategic level (helping to generate and deliver bold and innovative ideas) and at the tactical level (managing programs and campaigns). The ideal candidate must also have proven analytical skills and experience building community and driving programs that result in revenue. Candidate must be able to collaborate to develop best-in-class marketing content and collateral, create targeted messaging/marketing campaigns and building communities to support the business. He/She should thrive in a fast-paced environment, be self-motivated, collaborative, flexible, and detail-oriented to manage complex projects. This is a high growth full-time position that offers a lot of opportunity for a resourceful, motivated individual.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Brand planning and strategy that will enable reach and action among diverse/multicultural target audiences
- Responsible for brand forecast, performance analysis, budgeting and profitability goals
- Develop annual brand plan and 3-year calendar
- Collaborate with Insights team to conduct market research and data analysis to identify insights, needs and opportunities
- Working closely with our consultants and field sales team, develop concepts, including selling hooks, core marketing assets and content with a heavy focus on the value proposition and use cases, for our independent salesforce to use with multiple diverse consumer target audiences
- Be the point lead for diversity training curriculum at our annual convention in September
- Track key metrics and KPIs and insuring all established goals, objectives and deliverables are met
- Travel as necessary to execute marketing initiatives
- Take projects through the Commercial Calendar Stage Gate process to ensure cross functional alignment
- Oversee development in partnership with cross-functional teams, including creative, brand marketing, digital & social, field sales, L&D, events, and product development
- Develop go-to-market launch plans and oversee execution including testing and scaling new activities and strategies to reach multicultural audiences
- Ongoing business management
- Track brand performance and develop insight-based recommendations for action
- Develop and implement marketing programs to drive the business
- Longer term, working with our L&D team, Communications and HR teams to begin to lay the groundwork for inclusion (how do we talk differently than we do today and show our consultants and employees in a way that is not only more diverse, but more inclusive)
- A minimum of 5 years in brand or marketing management, with specific experience marketing to diverse and multicultural audiences
- Demonstrated ability to create innovative and targeted marketing programs that generate results
- Accomplished range of skills from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution, with focus on digital tactics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field, MBA preferred
- Solid analytical and critical thinking skills with proven expertise in problem solving
- Strong presentation skills and command of an audience
- A strong understanding of the product life cycle and promotional process
- A demonstrated passion for skincare
- The ability to effectively partner and motivate across functions and with outside agencies
- Excellent judgment in representing the Company to customers and consultants
- A proven track record of working collaboratively and being accountable
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and a great attention to detail
- Self-starter, ability to thrive in a fast paced, start-up environment
Looking for a job? Dream big. We did. What if you could work for a revolutionary skincare company—one that gives people the best looking skin of their lives? Rodan + Fields® provides dermatologist-inspired, clinically tested products that work and makes them available to those who can’t get to a dermatologist. We’re all about offering life-changing skincare. And life-changing opportunities.
We’re all about offering life-changing skincare. And life-changing opportunities.
Results Matter. Founded by Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields, world-renowned Stanford-trained dermatologists who invented Proactiv®, the clinical results our customers have from using our Multi-Med® Therapy Regimens and products has made Rodan + Fields the #1 premium anti-aging brand in the U.S. Rodan + Fields is the #1 premium acne brand in the US. Rodan + Fields is the #1 fastest growing skincare brand in the United States over the past 5 years. Rodan + Fields is the #2 premium skincare company in the U.S. in 2015 and we aspire to be the #1 premium skincare brand in every geographic market we serve. It’s clear—we deliver and we delight.
Be Revolutionary. Rodan + Fields is redefining an entrepreneurial sales model in the direct selling channel which allows Independent Consultants to establish their own businesses with products they use and love and be rewarded for their volume of Customer sales. The goal of every corporate employee is to use their power to empower our Independent Consultants and support their Customers. We make it happen and that’s no small feat. It takes a community of smart, passionate, forward-thinking, creative employees from a multitude of discipline, who are better together to drive record growth this fast.
Do Good. We do more than create life-changing jobs. We show gratitude through contributions from our non-profit entity, Prescription for Change®, the heart of Rodan + Fields. We help thousands of underserved high school kids have the opportunity to use their power to help others and in doing so, make life-changing differences in their own lives—and around the world.
Celebrate Your Greatness. Make an impact. If you work at Rodan + Fields, you have the chance to innovate. In fact, we expect it. You’ll become part of a positive, passionate movement that celebrates greatness and encourages employees to be catalysts for change, play as a team and say no to the status quo. So what if you made a life-changing decision for your career? Why not?