ELICIT’S GOAL – CUSTOMER CENTRICITY
Despite what many firms will tell you, there is no silver bullet for solving companies’ customer interaction woes. You’ve heard the pitch: Simply plug in our software/hardware/black box solution and you’ll be fighting off loyal customers with a stick. But in reality, most of those “solutions” only address a narrow piece of the problem rather than the broad set of roadblocks that span across an entire organization.
But there is a proven approach to building more meaningful relationships with customers, and it’s called Geek Nerd Suit. It’s not a tool or a technology—it’s a designed approach to link customer technology (the role of Geeks), data science (the role of Nerds), and marketing and business strategy (the role of Suits) that we’ve seen work time and time again.
We at Elicit are Customer Architects who help multi-billion-dollar companies transform their ability to become truly customer centric. We believe in rebellious thinking because canned solutions don’t cut it. We work in a distributed environment that allows us to live where we individually want, and work where our clients are. And we have an award-winning culture and lifestyle that doesn’t feel like any place you’ve worked before. We only employ the best – we have to in order to do what we do. Are you getting interested? Read on.
YOUR ROLE ON THE TEAM – A GEEK LEADER
Being a Senior Customer Technology Consultant requires a blend of deep technical, analytical and business skills in what we call “the customer domain” – understanding our clients’ interactions with their customers. This consulting role is a critical leader in our engagements, partnering with Elicit’s data scientists, business strategists and other leaders to assess our clients’ gaps in customer technologies and capabilities, laying out roadmaps to close those gaps, assisting with generating business cases and socialization, and advising during implementation of recommended solutions.
A Senior Customer Technology Consultant leads projects that include technology strategy, customer experience strategy, loyalty and marketing strategy, customer capability assessment and roadmap development, process improvement, and executive relationship management. You’ll be leading both Elicit and client team members. These engagements can include (but are not limited to):
- Customer Centricity Assessments, driving the technology aspects of the assessment, and working with data science and marketing strategy team members to deliver integrated conclusions and recommendations
- Multi-year technology roadmaps, including businesses capability identification and categorization, technical analysis and project phasing
- Customer identification and self-identification architecture and strategies
- Data capture strategies
- Customer interaction technology architecture and implementation strategies
- Data warehouse architecture and implementation strategies (technical and semantic layers) – increasingly including cloud implementations
- Working with data science team members on customer foundation design and implementation strategies, and supporting the development of new service offerings
- Working with marketing strategy team members on requirements for supporting customer experience and marketing strategies, and translating these business requirements into technical requirements and designs.
All of Elicit’s consultants also cultivate our company’s reputation in the marketplace through publication of articles and blog posts, conference presentations, and the creation of white papers and case studies.
ARE YOU A FIT?
This is a team role that obviously requires technical knowledge, including experience and skills in areas such as information architecture, enterprise architecture, multi-channel customer interaction technologies, BI, marketing technology, master data management, data base design, personalization strategies, and systems including POS/ecommerce, CRM, loyalty, digital marketing, data warehouses, and more. But we are looking for more than technical experience and implementation skills:
- We are looking for technology architects who understand the businesses the technologies are employed to help. We are looking for technologists who understand the meaning of the data, not just pushing data round. Experience in other parts of a business outside of technology is a big plus.
- We are looking for forward-thinkers who have knowledge and experience with the latest cloud technologies, massively parallel systems, and strategies for managing and analyzing “big data,” while also realizing that there needs to be a clear path for companies to get from yesterday’s technologies to tomorrow’s.
- We are looking for people with a passion for and experience with leveraging customer data and analytics to support marketing, product strategy, and customer experience management.
In addition to these core characteristics, the following are important attributes for this role and for Elicit team members:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, information systems, statistics, analytics, applied statistics, applied mathematics, or a related field, and 5+ (10+ desired) years of business experience. (Though you could convince us that your music or philosophy BA has equally prepared you for this role).
- Ability to interpret and draw conclusions from data, turning analytic insights into business actions, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the skill and patience to translate complex technical concepts into language consumable by business and IT stakeholders – and an appreciation of why this is critical.
- An eagerness for actively collaborating with other team members, both co-workers and clients, to solve hard problems.
- If part of your career was outside of IT – perhaps a stint in Marketing, Operations, or Finance? – that would be a huge plus. We’ve found that those experience make for stronger technologists.
LIVE WHERE YOU WANT, WORK WHERE WE DO
Elicit is a continent-wide distributed company. We believe in living where we want as individuals and working where our clients are. It’s part of the Elicit culture and lifestyle – our team members live in their favorite cities and regions…at the beach, in the mountains, near great urban centers. If there’s an accessible airport with major airline service, it’s a place where you can live and work at Elicit.
We serve clients in cities across North America and travel to our clients’ offices, but we keep the travel manageable – Tuesday to Thursday, not Monday to Friday, with one or two weeks at home each month (sometimes more, depending on the project). When we are on the road we’re not only seeing our clients, but also our teammates, and our work/play lifestyle means we enjoy diming together, taking in a baseball game, or even the occasional whirlyball tournament. It’s a unique culture, and we’re looking for people who value this uniqueness.
Elicit offers competitive salaries, health care and retirement benefit plans, participation in profit sharing plans, and generous vacation and paid holiday benefits. And Mind Meld. (We’ll fill you in on that later.)
We’re looking for Geeks, Nerds and Suits who believe in rebellious thinking and creative, customized solutions for our clients. If you’re that type, we want to hear from you.