Elicit is doing uncommonly interesting work in the customer and employee arenas, including projects in technology and data management, research, data analysis and insight, customer and employee experience, and marketing. The Engagement Manager role is critical to our consistently excellent delivery of complex services and development of client value and long-term partnerships.
This role’s primary responsibility is overseeing client engagements, collaborating and guiding the Elicit project team, and ensuring success criteria, work product, and delivery align with Elicit standards and corporate strategy. We want to talk with you about joining our team if:
You enjoy and are good at:
- Driving high performing cross-functional teams toward client-centric goals, creating organic growth in the process
- Finding order in chaos and managing progress toward goals, while keeping client expectations in check
- Communicating effectively with large teams of internal and client stakeholders
- Sticking to timelines and budgets
- Managing dynamic needs across numerous concurrent work streams and staying on top of competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Friends and co-workers are likely to describe you as:
- Extremely well organized and detail oriented
- A natural leader who is good at motivating teams
- A confident, articulate communicator (both written and verbal)
- A curious and a creative problem solver who is great at building relationships
- Someone who can proactively work backwards from a vision to identify, plan, and execute all necessary steps
- Endearingly relentless
You have experience with:
- Client management, including leading cross-functional teams, setting and managing towards client-centric goals, building client relationships, and organic business development (including writing proposals and statements of work)
- Project management, including developing and managing project plans and charters, preparing and delivering status updates, and managing resource plans, budgets and timelines
- Working in a consultative role is a plus, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in school of business
- 5+ years of experience working with B2C business sectors, including retail, travel and hospitality, financial services, or healthcare (either directly or through an agency relationship) in roles where client and project management activities were critical to job success
- Proven leadership in successfully managing complex projects, including ability to juggle multiple work streams and deadlines without compromising quality
- Experience managing 2+ clients (internal or external) at the same time, with distinct, large, and complex projects for each
- Familiarity with project management and time tracking tools
- Excellent organization, communication, and follow-up skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Fluency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated and adaptable
- Serve as a consultant with mid-to-senior-level clients, participating in engagement sessions, business strategy development, strategy implementation, insights planning and execution, deliverable socialization, and change management.
- Function as the primary point of contact for client’s day-to-day project sponsor and lead regular, face-to-face meetings to ensure continued awareness and support of Elicit’s primary initiatives.
- Participate with the Elicit Executive Leadership Team (ELT) on developing initial client relationships during the sales process, and support the process of finalizing the initial statement of work. Sales support will include authorship of statements of work and development of detailed resource plans informing pricing decisions. This type of support will apply to repeat business with existing clients as well as new business with new clients.
- Create and manage project plans and charters, including detailed timelines covering deliverable creation and internal review processes.
- Organize, align, and direct the team to ensure on-time delivery of key client deliverables. Leverage project management best practices and support the evolution of Elicit project management capabilities.
- Manage project timelines, budgets, and scope adjustments.
- Prioritize and monitor ongoing work, while leading communication with key client contacts at all stages.
- Schedule, prepare for, facilitate, and follow up on project meetings, including frequent internal and client-facing project status, planning, and review meetings.
- Guide and support account management activities and client relationships through Elicit’s multi-year client engagement lifecycle.
- Negotiate and resolve disputes regarding Elicit’s scope of work and manage client expectations with support from the ELT.
- Consult with the ELT and other leaders to ideate ways in which Elicit’s customer and employee science and strategy offerings can create client value.
- Identify and pursue any other project opportunities that present themselves during the course of the existing SOW; execute independent PCRs and SOWs.
- Lead Quarterly Business Reviews with the client leadership teams on your accounts—including account health, opportunities, and challenges.
- Support deliverable reviews to ensure deliverables address client business questions and match Elicit brand standards (including strong attention to detail and grammar).
- Minimize our exposure to risk, and identify and resolve and/or escalate issues and risks in a timely fashion. Proactively inform internal and client stakeholders of issues and risks and appropriately manage expectations.