Senior Vice President Advertising Technology, Edelman Performance Marketing
Edelman’s digital integrated marketing and advisory arm has a global staff spanning 65 offices, built to manage the complexity of modern marketing and online reputation, using a data-driven approach designed to deliver real-time business results. The output of our work delivers experiences that transform culture, reputation and relationships to inspire real-world action between brands and consumers, not to mention unprecedented revenue growth.
Our Performance Marketing practice is leading the charge, increasing in size more than 1,000% over the past two years alone. During this time we have scaled to 75+ dedicated specialists, are managing hundreds of millions of dollars in client media and have been recognized by entities such as Ad Age, Search Engine Land, Ad Exchanger and others. Emblematic of our growth and sophistication, we are now seeking an ambitious, highly-experienced Advertising and Marketing Technology professional to join our team.
If you are imaginative, entrepreneurial, have deep technology and client consulting expertise and want to be a part of a rapidly growing, industry-leading team, we want to hear from you. Geography preferences: Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, DC, New York, LA, Bay Area, Seattle
The Senior Vice President of Advertising Technology will lead the advertising and marketing technology strategic consulting and operations practice for Edelman. The Marketing & Advertising Technology lead will play a dual role of further advancing Edelman’s advertising operations while also leading Edelman’s marketing & advertising technology consulting practice. There is no better opportunity within the industry to both profoundly impact the trajectory of a key agency practice and multitudinous clients’ businesses, as well as work for an independent agency that’s changing how media is planned, bought and analyzed.
Marketing & Advertising Technology Strategic Consulting:
The Senior Vice President will consult with clients and their c-suites, developing thought leadership and POVs on current and emerging technology (Google 360, Adobe Analytics, Oracle, Salesforce), assessing their current technology stacks, crafting strategies on future investment and emerging technology trends, driving data strategy and the integration of technology platforms while also building out a team to support. The ad tech and marketing tech lead will support organic business and participate in new business prospecting and pitches.
This role will also be an internal consultant with regard to advertising technology as we sophisticate our infrastructure. This individual will ensure media innovation and best practice is at the core of all performance marketing engagements, focusing on digital operations capabilities and the platforms used to plan, deliver and track client media. Working in partnership with our IT, Operations and Finance teams, they will play an integral role in terms of building cross-office and cross-functional collaboration to synchronize our Performance Marketing capabilities overall, which will require significant project management and change management skills.
- Consulting C-Suite and senior level clients on ad tech and marketing tech solutions
- Provide thought leadership and participate in external facing speaking engagements
- Manage client marketing technology efforts, guiding the selection of the right tools and software to satisfy business objectives, drive conversion actions and consumer retention
- Build, configure and support system integrations to drive meaningful customer journeys and customer centric thinking by collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Create end to end integrated marketing stacks by implementing applications and aligning marketing technologies with reporting requirements to inform client business goals and empower media planning, buying and reporting
- Build and maintain a centralized matrix of technology partners, augmenting with any applicable in-house customizations, to develop a workflow system and process
- Drive, define and govern best practices for planning, buying and media measurement across all digital media channels, assisting Performance Marketing leads in terms of identifying best-in-class ad-serving, ad-verification, media planning, data & intelligence, search management, social FMP, DSP and DMP tool sets
- Tune operations delivery to create meaningful, consistent US data sets that enable the company to leverage scaled data benefits
- Protect clients from fraudulent campaign activity via detection and re-compensation
- Evaluate marketing and advertising technology solutions and tools in the market, as well as direct what should be licensed, customized, built in-house, etc
- Significant expertise in ad operations technology and leading ad operations at scale
- Experience with business strategy and operational models, especially for growing paid media capabilities that are diversifying across channels rapidly scaling
- Experience with major and niche industry platforms across ad serving, ad verification, tag management and cross-media buy management, specifically; web analytics, attribution, bid management, personalization, data visualization and marketing cloud experience highly preferred
- Proven track record in senior management of at-scale digital operations
- Strong thought leadership and ability to succinctly and effectively communicate POVs around technologies and processes within the digital ad operations space
- Entrepreneurial makeup, adept at operating ‘in space’ while driving organizational transformation advancing necessary agendas both pragmatically and with urgency
- Implementation experience with Google Analytics 360 products, specifically configuring Google Tag Manager and leveraging Google advertising and reporting technologies
- Experience managing and integrating marketing technologies, designing data layers and configuring enterprise systems such as Google Analytics 360 or Adobe Analytics
- Experience using, installing and customizing web analytics and tag management solutions and generating technical documentation
- Experience integrating marketing applications/ad serving platforms with enterprise-level applications and leading marketing platforms (Adobe, Google, Salesforce, Oracle, etc) leveraging their analytics, campaign and testing capabilities
- Strong communication skills (in person, on phone and by email) with the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience working with large branded websites, content management and feed management systems and eCommerce platforms
- Experience integrating marketing automation platforms (Marketo, Hubspot, etc) into other marketing technologies to drive lead score configuration and sales funnel optimization within Salesforce and other marketing platforms