The Marketing Manager actively develops and communicates the Destination Marketing Strategic Plan. The Marketing Manager works with the internal team as well as vendors to develop media plans and develops a marketing program focused on driving awareness and revenue to local businesses. Within the fast-paced working environment, the Marketing Manager coordinates project deadlines, budgets, and acts as the point of contact for agencies and staff.
Email resume and cover letter to HR@gpscvb.com
For more information about the CVB visit www.visitgreaterpalmsprings.com/about/careers/
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare Annual strategic/media plans with input from research and media partners
- Manage and coordinate multiple marketing campaigns to reach target markets
- Marketing plan facilitation: outlining major deliverables for internal and external use
- Proposal development: reviewing proposals and project summaries from vendors and make recommendations.
- Develop and execute short-term media plan for programs like: Greater Palm Springs Restaurant Week, Summer Chill, WellEst
- In partnership with Media Agency and CVB Partnership Team, develop Destination Co-op Opportunities for Partner businesses
- Arrange, implement and monitor marketing and sales ad and program campaigns
- Facilitate annual and semi-annual update to city and marketing partners
- Participate in all strategy sessions to identify customer and prospect sales opportunities
- Guide persuasive presentations as well as story creation to demonstrate GPSCVB value to our Partners
- Work with research to identify new market opportunities and consumer preferences to support campaign creations
- Set specific marketing goals that align with overall direction of both the CVB Destination Development Plan and Annual Business Plan
- Work with research to track and measure marketing outcomes including marketing activities, response, leads, sales, retention and ROI
- Generate innovative ideas to promote GPS brand and products
- Strategic engagement with CVB Partners to provide high-level marketing recommendations
- Develop annual strategic plan deliverables, including some or all of the following: Objective planning, media planning, budgeting, report writing and formal presentations.
- Proactively manage the schedule for advertising and program requests to the Creative Team to ensure timely delivery
- Facilitate marketing plan, outlining major deliverables for internal and external use
- Work closely with the CDDO, CCO and Teams to produce high-level materials to support seasonal campaigns and overall destination marketing efforts
- Ensure efficient and effective communication between all individuals, vendors, teams and departments involved in a project
- Effectively contribute to media plan and strategies for development of annual business plan to ensure a strategic approach consistent with mission, vision and stakeholder goals
- Report and analyze programs for monthly board reports, marketing committee meetings, board meetings and annual reports
Perform related duties as assigned. Employee must be flexible to changing policies and procedures as well as varying deadlines.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- College degree preferred, particularly in Marketing or Communications.
- Three to five years of production coordination experience in an advertising, graphics or marketing environment.
- Copy-editing and familiarity with the creative process strongly preferred.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Excellent writing, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with multiple and concurrent programs
- Analytical capability with proficiency in details
- Strong knowledge of online communications strategies and tactics, usability standards, branding and latest digital technologies, tools and best practices
- Experience in tracking and analyzing key metrics such as engagement and sentiment
- Knowledge of social networks, online communities in the hospitality industry, content management systems and relevant mobile applications
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Ability to coordinate a variety of people who possess varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Must be able to analyze and interpret general business information, technical procedures related to the job functions and to governmental regulations.
- Ability to create business reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals/memorandums.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, managers, colleagues and the general public.