Regional Advertising Producer
Background & Purpose of the Job
As one of the world’s largest TV advertisers Unilever strives to leverage its scale and global expertise to achieve higher standards of quality and efficiency as well as manage advertising production on a more global level. To this end, Unilever is continuing its development of the North American Regional Advertising Production Hub. The Regional Advertising Producer role, based in the New Jersey hub, will be responsible for managing advertising production across all brands and all categories in Nth America and sometimes globally.
This role reports to the Head of Global Advertising Production in Europe and is part of the global structure.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Plan and provide solution to brands teams on all aspects of production
- Deliver better planning of asset production
- Work with the other Regional Advertising Production Managers to leverage economies of scale and transfer learning
- Manage direct production projects as internal producer for brand teams
- Maintain and develop creative agency relationships along with third party production, post, sound, talent agency relationships
- Maintain full transparency on all planned advertising production activities (TV, Print, radio etc)
- Review all briefs and storyboards in order to assist project leaders in achieving the objectives of the brief within the desired budget
- Manage the direct negotiation of all cost estimates with production companies including liaison with Unilever brand teams and creative agencies whilst maintaining the correct balance between quality and cost
- Resolve day to day issues related to last minute changes to advertising productions
- Assist with the payment process via the internal buying system and manage spend reconciliations
- Ensure transparency on all activities and costs by logging these in the internal management tool
- Assist with monthly reporting and analysis
- Assist or lead global management & best practice for specialist production areas of expertise as allocated by the Global Head of Production
- Global Production & Post-Production Roster Management & quarterly performance review
- Conduct cascades to Brand Team and Agency
You’re a dot connector: Connect the dots as the conduit between brands, creative agencies and third-party suppliers to manage all aspect of AdProduction for Unilever.
You’re a teacher: Internal subject matter expert, constantly teaching and provide specialist guidance to ensure crafting of production is managed effectively and within best practice.
You’re a changemaker: Ensures that best practice is delivered which is often due to be a changemaker and distributor to challenge creative agencies and brands to deliver the best Route to Production.
You’re a paradox navigator: Navigate inherent tensions between all stakeholders, as they understand the full context and can raise issues and encourage best outcomes.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
5+ years currently of being (or have been) a Production Company Producer/Production Manager and/or a Creative Agency Producer or a similar role. The ideal candidate would possess both a left-brain and a right-brained approach to Production; being both comfortable in their creative abilities to contribute to a given situation as well as being comfortable handling and analyzing numbers, and profit/loss ratios.
Unilever Production is more reliant on digital work, internet & social than ever before. The Candidate must therefore have production work experience in the digital realm as well as conventional TV and Print. This includes knowledge of all various social media platforms, like but not limited to, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook.
- Must be fully conversant in the related areas of talent management, licensing, insurance, music and all aspects of film/video/stills production.
- Possess deep expertise in relation to the Screen Actors Guild Commercial in the USA Contract and ACTRA in Canada.
- This is a specialist role and requires robust experience and understanding of all methods of production
- Good analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Strong commercial ability
- Excellent communication skills (including excellent spoken and written English is essential)
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strategic influencing with the ability to build strong relationships across networks including marketing, advertising agencies and third-party suppliers (especially advertising production companies).
- Organizational awareness
- Team commitment
- Ability to manage a high workload and deliver against demanding time lines.
- Fluency in Spanish /and or French is a plus
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
More search results
Lecturer in Digital Advertising
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Full-time Faculty Position in Advertising and Mar…
Fashion Institute of Technology
Assistant Professor - Media and Communication Arts
CUNY City College of New York
Assistant Professor - Advertising Digital Strateg…
Director, Growth & Engagement