• The Sr. Art Director is a central part of the team and our culture. You will help lead SCS to be consistently on the forefront of the industry in concept and execution.
• You will be a huge part of developing and implementing the design and art direction for the SCS creative so that it always inspires, and is consistently award worthy.
• You will thrive on coaching other designers and art directors, as well as leading by example with killer work of your own.
• You will also be responsible for the development of presentations and capable of convincingly presenting the rationale behind strategies, concepts and directions to our clients.
Duties and responsibilities
• Develop original concepts for integrated campaigns that span traditional, digital, social, activation, and emerging media platforms
• Craft and deliver clear, compelling creative presentations to client
• Independently own your own creative — including client presentations
• Inspire the overall art direction process — from the art direction/design of concepts to design of assets if necessary
• Direct and lead designers and art directors as needed, providing clear and direct creative feedback
• Understand and be able to articulate the overall business strategy and consumer landscape of our clients, and how the creative solution delivers on the strategy
• Lead photo shoots and video shoots
• Participate in new business pitches
• You likely have 5 plus years of experience in award winning design/art direction, and a working passion for culture, art, film, design, technology, and a variety of enthusiast categories.
• You play well with otters and prefer an ego free environment so that you can put your energy into kicking ass rather than watching your back.
• You’ve probably gotten fired up over ideas for everything from display ads, to print, retail, social, microsites, unique OOH, activations, short films, branded content, apps, or whatever fits the challenge.
• You believe the platform is part of the creative.
• You’re not just a great thinker, you’re also strategic, organized, and client focused – while knowing how to help them push the ball forward through their own internal challenges.
• You get just as geeked up working hands on as you do helping direct individuals on projects from start to finish.
• You’re super detail conscious about your work – and others, and probably got a little itchy over the typo in this list.
Minimum 5-years-experience in an agency style setting with the following accomplishments demonstrated:
• Ability to generate original, disruptive “big idea” campaign concepts, in teams and on your own
• Ability to generate ideas for campaign tactics and activations that leverage social media
• Killer HANDS ON art direction for multi-platform campaigns
• Direction for photo shoots and video shoots
• Strong communication skills including the ability to pitch, sell, and present your ideas concisely and persuasively
• Experience and comfort working either solo or in an art director/copywriter team construct
• Experience and comfort working in a collaborative team environment
• Experience mentoring and/or directing designers
• Strong knowledge of the overall advertising landscape, including trending campaigns, brands
• An eye for evaluating the creative merits of photography, art, film, editorial, music, and those who create it.
• Hands-on Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Keynote skills
• Strong knowledge and/or personal use of emerging digital platforms (e.g., VR, AR, Live Video, Snapchat, etc.), with an understanding of how brands can leverage each.
• Compensation based upon experience
o Position is salaried
o Position is full-time
o Position offers all other benefits as defined in SCS employee handbook
• Annual review
• This position will be located in Irvine, CA.