Advertising Strategist/ Negotiator
HarperCollins Children’s Publishing seeks an experienced advertising expert to fill the role of Associate Director of Advertising overseeing the research, strategy and booking of consumer/trade advertising campaigns. This role will have administrative support and will report directly to the VP, Marketing.
- Drive, with proven experience, the design and implementation of social media strategy to align with business goals
- Oversee management of the bidding and optimization process of paid social ads and audience segmentation
- Track record of testing new content and social media platforms and reporting results to management and the organization at large
- Load creative assets into Facebook Business Manager and format copy & creative with correct targets and media spends
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Collaborate with marketing, publicity and design to ensure brand consistency
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies, design and trends in social media
- Train on analytics tools to inform on outlets and competition prior to media planning
- Act as point-person for all relationships with advertising reps for trade ads
- Manage trade advertising including placement, and recommendations on cross category budget
- Explore new consumer outlets and maintains updated media kits for current outlets
- Set up and run ad meetings with new vendors for consumer and social ads
- Book and send all materials for regional holiday catalogs
- Perform analysis on campaigns and presents to marketing teams
- Coordinate tracking URLs for pixel placement and post-campaign analytics
- 5+ plus years work experience directing social media ad strategy a must
- Must have experience utilizing and reporting on results from Google Analytics and other SEO tools (such as: Moz, Ahrefs, etc.)
- Experience with Amazon marketing/advertising systems
- Experience directing successful SEO campaigns and can provide references for past work
- Must be fluent in all current promotions available on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Twitter, and emerging platforms
- Must have experience successfully advising on campaigns for individual product/titles across the range of audiences (parents, gatekeepers, children)
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of the landscape for advertising children’s through social media platforms
- Must have experience making strategic recommendations on advertising campaigns
- Experience in managerial role, preferred
- Candidate should be extremely organized, detail oriented, and demonstrate the ability to problem solve.
- Must be able to work independently and set priorities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong computer skills necessary with PC and MAC familiarity. Knowledge of HTML, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required; Adobe InDesign, and Photoshop, is highly preferred.
- College degree or equivalent work experience required
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.